Varsity College is an Independent Public School. The School Council was first established in 2015 as a key mechanism for ensuring the needs and aspirations of our college community are addressed. The school council enables the involvement of the community by endorsing important decisions such as the school’s strategic plans and budgets. School Council meetings are currently held at least twice during each semester.
The role of the School Council
The Varsity College school council is responsible for:
- monitoring the school's strategic direction.
- plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature and other documents.
- affecting strategic matters, including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school
- monitoring the implementation of plans, policies and other documents.
- advising the school's Executive Principal about strategic matters.
The function of the School Council
The School Council performs its functions to achieve the best teaching and learning outcomes for students. The Council performs its functions in alliance with the School Council Constitution.pdf
Current School Council Members
|Sharon Schultz||Executive Principal||Official Member |
|Colin Frew||P&C President||Official Member|
|David Reid||Staff Member - Secondary||Chair|
|Kim Williams||Staff Member - Primary||Teaching Representative|
|Gayle Sawdy||Staff Member - Non-teaching||Non - teaching Representative|
|John Thornberry||Parent Member - Secondary||Parent Representative|
|Melanie Bryson||Parent Member - Primary||Parent Representative|
|Isaac Short||Student Member||Student Representative|
|Ziad Elegemizy||Student Member||Student Representative|
|Peter Childe-Freeman||Community Member||Appointed Member|
|Anton Richardson||Community Member||Appointed Member|